A leading provider of traffic and road safety solutions wanted to leverage machine learning to further understand and quantify the value of their solutions, so they could deliver greater insights and value for their customers. The organization creates a massive amount of data, as each product and service is a connected device in the Internet of Things. Each of these sets of data is valuable to the organization to describe, predict, and prescribe.
In partnership with the organization’s IT team and business directors, Valore Partners led efforts to:
- Introduce RStudio as IDE for R scripting for data exploration and analysis
- Identify hypothesis tests that would be useful to answer the business questions based upon the available data
- Clean, refine, and combine data from multiple systems with outside fatality, geographic, and census data into reproducible complete datasets
- Design tests to evaluate how markets change over time once a service was introduced
- Develop data models to predict customer behavior and a market’s need for the organization’s product and service
- Mentor and train analysts to load, combine and aggregate test data
Valore Partners introduced RStudio as IDE for R scripting for data exploration and analysis and mentored analysts on using R to load, combine, aggregate and test data. PowerBI was used for visualization. Azure Machine Learning was used to answer classification prediction questions and Azure Cognitive Services Text Analytics was leveraged to rapidly introduce useful text features to increase prediction accuracy.