Shamrock’s restaurant customers order ingredients daily. As downloads of the Menu Wizard increased, Shamrock wanted to add new features and improve performance/user experience. The features most of interest to Shamrock were those that captured data and enabled predictive analytics for customer orders.
In partnership with Shamrock Foods it was determined that the application must:
- Be re-architected and migrated away from Webforms using Vue.js
- Fulfill customer usability expectations by behaving like Excel
- Re-engineer catalog, recipe and inventory features
- Responsive to both connected and disconnected states
- Customization-capable for high volume customers
- Built with asynchronous functionality to reduce timeouts caused by lengthy calculating functions
- Built with an open architecture for future integration to point of sale software
Vue.js was chosen over Angular for several reasons including client-side engine and functionality. Moreover, with cloud-based architecture for this application/data, Vue.js is fast and flexible and can be adopted incrementally.